Tips for Reducing Your Green Footprint
March 31, 2017
Let’s talk about a few basic choices we can make that lessen the impact we have on our earth.
- WALK, BIKE, CARPOOL, USE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION: If just once a day/month or week you made the choice to do one of these rather than hop in your car, you would be making a difference. And if we all did that it would certainly add up!
- CAULK, CAULK, and more CAULK: Buy a case; get out your caulking gun, and start scouting your home for all the cracks/gaps. Seal it up… it can make a huge difference in the energy needed to heat or cool your home! That’s green for your wallet and the environment.
- LET THERE BE LIGHT: There are many great choices for energy reducing light bulbs, including dimmable bulbs. LED’s have grown in popularity, and as a result, there are some incredible deals on CFL’s as well. For outdoor lights, motion detectors are a great way to ensure you’re only using them when you need them.
- RECYCLE: We know there are still people who don’t recycle on a regular basis. Can you or someone you know, be encouraged to include this as a REGULAR part of your life? Once you get it the habit, it’s easy!
- WATER-a precious resource: How can you reduce your water use? Low use fixtures, desert friendly plants, efficient use of showers/laundry/dishwashing…any other ideas?
- OTHER IDEAS: These are just a few ideas. The list goes on and on…
Overall, a great way to be greener is to ask yourself this simple question: What changes can you make to live more “green?” and then get busy!