Spring is Almost Here: Time to Get Rid of Clutter!
February 28, 2017
It’s hard to believe that spring is almost here! Haven’t you noticed that when spring rolls around, there is something in the air that makes you want to do a deep cleaning, open the windows, and get rid of “stuff.”
There are many ways to go about reducing clutter in your home but the ones outlined below make good sense and will at least give you a great starting point:
- Donate on a regular basis. There are so many great options for this. Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona and Habitat for Humanity’s Habistore are wonderful, but do your homework and find a charitable organization you believe in. Please don’t even consider throwing things away! There are great needs in our community and your donation will be accepted with open arms.
- Sell things you don't need and make some extra cash in the process. With a little bit of time, Craigslist or eBay can be helpful ways to make money and get rid of clutter.
- Don't go shopping. Please try to remember that the first “r” in creating a more sustainable planet is reduce! Less is more and things seem to be trending in that direction. Good for the planet and good for your purse or wallet.
- Use what you have. Re-purposing and moving furniture and accent pieces around can be fun & get your creative juices flowing. It’s amazing what just changing shower curtains from one bathroom to the other can do. Or just buying some new pillows or plants to freshen things up just a bit.
- Don't keep it just because it's sentimental. Often even when people can’t remember who gave “it” to them, they often hold on to things longer than they should. Let it go!
Article provided courtesy of Mrs. Green’s World